Keratsini is a large suburban area of Piraeus as well as component of the Athens city complex. The distance from the facility of Athens has to do with 11 kilometres. The area was formerly a farmhouse, but it was highly urbanized, mostly after the 1950s. The main square of Evgenia is embellished by the sculpture of the Asia Minor, which was put up in memory of the evacuees from the Asia Minor Disaster cleared up in the location. Pavlos Fissa Avenue is the commercial area of the city with lots of shops.
The Ancient Times
Key Entryway: I am
The very first settlement of the Municipality was improved the hill of Agios Georgios Hill at a point desirable to the opportunity of raids as well as visibility mixed-up. The structures alongside the church of St. George and also the different discovers give proof that the initial negotiation in the location was developed around 3000 BC. The name of the location was Thymedata as well as was surrounding with the piratical settlement of Heracles, both of which belonged to Ancient Athens. The settlement was located on the existing Avenue of Freedom, which attaches Piraeus, Keratsini and Perama and also the center of Athens. It is speculated that Theseus developed his ships there, based on Plutarch's recommendation to the Parallel Life. The site was deserted momentarily when Xerxes resolved there.
The history of the Municipality during the Roman and also Byzantine periods is unidentified. In the 17th century, on capital of Agios Georgios was developed the very first church in the name of Saint Nicholas. The monks of the monastery of Agios Spyridon called the location from Agios Dionysios (old boundaries) to capital of Agios Georgios Agriamen. This name did not prevail. The main name, both in Ottoman and also Greek files, was Keratsinion or Tseratsinion, with the latter being more prevalent. The very first one prevailed in the Modern Greek durations. The name Keratsinion is a complex word from the Kerathia that grew there as well as from the name of the proprietor of the whole area from the Hill of Agios Georgios to the Manitica and also from today's cemetery of Anastasios to Drapetsona, called Ginis or Gynis.
Throughout the Greek Revolution, Georgios Karaiskakis, who constructed the fortifications in Tabouria, resolved in Keratsini. In 1827 the city was damaged by Kioutachis Pasha and also continued to be deserted until 1830. In 1836 the residents started to settle once again and in 1840 the area (currently called New town of Tseratsini) came from the Community of Athens. In 1870 it became a self-governing neighborhood called Keratsini Town. The Piraeus, in honor of Karaiskakis, built a holy place alongside the church of Agios Nikolaos. In 1879 the website was refurbished as well as exchanged a monastery. In 1963, the temple was ruined and Learn more here also a young man was constructed in 2000. Every year, the "Karaiskakia" is arranged by the Holy Church of St. George, wishing to honor the Revolutionary Hero, George Karaiskakis.
After the arrival of the evacuees from Smyrna on 18 January 1934 the area was transformed into a district called the Municipality of Tabouri. Later on it was renamed to the District of Agios Georgios Keratsini, as well as from 1936 to 1947 the municipality was called the Community of Amfialis on the initiative of the after that mayor, Konstantinos Filandrou. In 1947 the here and now name was established, the Community of Keratsini.
In Keratsini, on 13 October 1944, the Fight of Electric, a conflict between ELAS and armed workers as well as various other people on the one hand and the pulling away German conquerors on the other. The victory of the previous stopped the destruction of the power plant, which the last tried to blow up. The damage of the plant would certainly make it difficult for the container to be electrified for a very long time. There is an exhibit of the Historical Archive of Pay Per Click as well as a memorial to the dead fighters has actually been erected.
Leoforos Dimokratis - Keratsini
The District of Keratsini is https://www.washingtonpost.com/newssearch/?query=keratsini connected with the town of Drapetsona in 2011 in addition to various other towns in Greece.